New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unknown shotgun
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yes, I know this is not the shotgun section. But I feel more at home here and big bores :-)

I got the shotgun in the picture ~ 1984. It�s my principal ( shot ) hunting rifle. I don�t know how many rounds I have fired with it. It fits me perfectly, most of the time I know "where" on the pheasant I am. Its a Winchester "SuperGrade", but I know no model number. Any info would be appreciated.

Would like to place there a pic, but could not manage so far. will mail it to Saeed. Its a O/U, 12 ga, single trigger, automatic ejector, straight stock, hunting type shotgun.

Thanx Hermann

------------------

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
<gamecock>
posted
Winchester offered both a Quail Special and a Featherweight with a straight grip stock in their 101 back in the '80s. I suspect either or both of them could have a special grade designation.

Best info. I've got.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Glenn. After rereading I think I was not correct in my description: the top of the stock is straight ( = classic ), it has a pistol grip, but with a round end. No cap, but rounded like the half of a golf ball.

Receiver is nickeled, with a shallow "engraving". From outwards comparing it with ( later ) Brownings it looks a lot alike, I suspect it to be made by Miroku ( its finished nicely ). But internally its not like a Miroku trap: the Win has at the hinge point the forearm at the back rounded of course. But there is a blued insert which doesnot reach to the sides completely, and thats rounded at the receiver end too. The single trigger is mechanically switched: its possible to pull it twice: I like that in a hunting gun. My Miroku trap ( old! ) has a recoil activated switch. For trap thats fine, too.

I sent photo to Saeed, I can�t post it myself now, but I promise to print out the FAQ�s and read them ...

Good shooting! H

------------------

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote