New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 7mm Rem Mag to .300 Win Mag ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I would send it to Kirby Allen with Allen precision. Have Kirby order up a lilja match barrel, and have him straighten up the action. All of this comes in well under 600$, and you will get a damn fine shooter as well. Another option would be to send it to pacnor and have them simply rebarrel it. Either way you will get a rifle that probably out shoots a factory gun. Good Luck!

Posts: 485 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 17 January 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Brett,
to each his own...
your 600 bucks for .024"...

I wouldn't bother, and, frankly, there's not a BIT of difference between them, with the same SD bullets

i've got a 300 win... because I had a 30-06 springfield... if it had had a 7x57 barrel, it would have been 7rem (okay, 7sh)

if you want to step up a bit, think 338

jeffe

Posts: 39620 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have a Rem 700 in 7mm Rem Mag with a H-S precision stock. I was thinking about having it converted to a .300 Win mag. Outside of a barrel, what else would I have to get done to the rifle? Would it be much cheaper than just buying a new rifle? If so, any recommendations on a good barrel that would allow me to do this for under $600? Thanks in advance.

Brett

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Change out the barrel is all you need to do. Any number of places can do a great job for under $600. One real cheap option is to buy a Rem 700 take off barrel there are a lot of new unfired barrel available for around $50.

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote