Find
Notify
Tools

Barrel Contour
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted
I'm trying to do some comparisons on factory rifles. Does anyone know what number barrel contour is put on the cz-550 safari magnum and winchester m70 safari express in 375 H&H? This would be much appreciated.
Sevens

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just a guess, but since it is a European rifle, there may be no U.S. equivalent. Measure and compare with a source such as the Brownell's catalog. That would at least be close. To make matters worse, contour numbers are not the same from one manufacturer to another. (Shilen does not equal Douglas does not equal Lothar Walther, etc.)

Posts: 305 | Location: Indian Territory | Registered: 21 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
That does make matters worse. Does anyone have both the cz and m70 in 375 and can tell me how they balance? Is one more barrel heavy than the other? I have tried a m70 safari express in 416, but never one in 375 or a cz. Thanks.
Sevens

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote