New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whose proofmark is this?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That looks like a model of 1910 Mexican Mauser. I believe they were designed by F.N., but made and proved in Mexico. Very desirable action in the custom gun trade.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3291 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I know what it is. Was wondering if the mark indicated who made it.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
PV just means Poudre Vive, which, as you know, is live powder. Meaning Proof Powder. These are made in Mexico.

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On the left side of the action it looks like it says VZ24.

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hhmag
posted Hide Post
Different gun. Look at the serial number.

Hair, not Air!
Rob Martin

Posts: 395 | Location: Florida's Fabulous East Coast | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
PV just means Poudre Vive, which, as you know, is live powder. Meaning Proof Powder. These are made in Mexico.
I guess that is confirmed by the words around the crest on the receiver ring:"FABRICA NACIONAL DE ARMAS - MEXICO, D.F.".

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Mexico D.F.

IIRC, the D.F. is an abbreviation for what in English we would pronounce as Federal District...and as I recall, that means Mexico City. I may have that all screwed up, but that's the way I remember it going.....

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I checked it out...yes the DF does stand for Distrito Federal, qnd that is Mexico City, Mexico.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote