New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako rings and bases- buggered screws
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need to replace the 8 ring screws on a set of sako bases- I think they are 3.5 x .7 metric. where would I go to find 8 of the darn things. They are Sako rings dating from about 1985 or so.

john

Posts: 54 | Location: Missoula, MT | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
I ordered some from Brownell's a few years ago. I would try there first.

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 883 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I looked there- they catalog packages of 100 for $52 or so. I was kind of hoping I could find just 8.

jh

Posts: 54 | Location: Missoula, MT | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John,

One of the handiest little gadgets you can buy if you work/play with guns is a “screw-checker.†Brownells sells them and they are a Godsend when you have a screw that needs to be replaced and you are guessing at the actual size you need.

They come in either US standard or metric and you can determine the correct size/screw pitch for most sizes of screws used on rifles/pistols/shotguns.

Brownells also sells blank screw kits in standard and metric so you can make up your own if you need to.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john h:
I need to replace the 8 ring screws on a set of sako bases- I think they are 3.5 x .7 metric. where would I go to find 8 of the darn things. They are Sako rings dating from about 1985 or so.

john

Most cities of about 15,000 population or more (at least out here in the Western U.S.) Have a "Nut" House...that is, a Nut & Bolt supply house. They will normally stock darned near anything you can imagine in that line, or be able to get it overnight from their central supplier(s)

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They're on Ebay all the time. Just do a search under "Sports" "Hunting" for "Sako" and you'll see them.

Bob