New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage Trigger job
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone done a trigger job on the Savage 93? I have one in 17HMR and the trigger is horrible. Was wanting to try to a little trigger work before buying a new one.
Doug

Posts: 1332 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Go to www.savageshooters.com The forum is down but the articles are there. There should be one on this.

Also go to www.rimfirecentral.com they have a good write up on this. Look for the washer trick. The problem with the Savage 93 is that it comes with about .040" of sear engagement which means that it's going to have a long pull.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Believe me I have noticed. I was going to take the AccuTrigger off of my Savage Cub but noticed the rear screw is bigger on the 93. Such is the luck. I will look on the websites you suggested. Thanks.
Doug

Posts: 1332 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think several companies offer after-market triggers for this rifle. Check Midway, Brownells, etc.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just did the trigger modification recommended on the websites listed and it worked great. Lighter pull, more crisp. Stoning helped greatly. Thanks for the heads up on the websites.'
Doug