THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This should work shouldn't it on a LH Zastava?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
maybe if you could fit a military style shroud. the fn style shroud that comes with the zastava is totally different, hence the safety with the trigger group.

Posts: 979 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
maybe if you could fit a military style shroud

Never tried one on a LH out since the front of the cocking piece is flast it should work in a military shroud.

That said if they LH has the speedlock type bolt and cocking piece. One on the right in the picture the cocking piece will be forward and the safety will not slip in front of it.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OT, sorry to hijack, Paul is there a special part needed on a Dakota 3 position safety when used on the Mark X with the speedlock CP ?
Seem to remember something but can't put my finger on it.
Thanks, Bob

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Paul is there a special part needed on a Dakota 3 position safety when used on the Mark X with the speedlock CP ?

I had this same question and elected to have someone install mine because of the speedlock. I was talking to z1r (Mike McCabe) last week about it. He said (at least as I understood him) that he simply uses his mill and removes metal from the front circle of the cocking piece basically equal to the notch on the bolt. That then puts the front of the ring of the cocking piece in the same basic position in the shroud as a normal one as you begin your taper.

I have found that a Dakota needs a longer bolt locking pin for a MKX. Dakota simply sent me a new one after a phone call.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by manhasset:
OT, sorry to hijack, Paul is there a special part needed on a Dakota 3 position safety when used on the Mark X with the speedlock CP ?
Seem to remember something but can't put my finger on it.
Thanks, Bob

I've done two on gentrys and nothing different except you need to cut the cp way back and change the mainspring. The existing one won't compress enough to get the cp on. In his destructions it gives the brownells # for the new spring. Don.t know if the same would be true with dakota.
Don

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Paul, thats what I remember reading about, the longer pin.
Bob