New
Find
Notify
Tools

action choice ???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well I have wanted a 510-505 gibbs for a while and wanted to know if any one has had any experience which the Olympia ULTRA MAG action. The gun smith is Mike or Mark Houseman and he is chambering the 510 Houseman into the Ultra Mag action. It's the 505 gibbs case with 510 bullets both hunting and military. For $950 bucks it sounds pretty good. What are the actions like??? Thanks RNS

Posts: 767 | Location: Phoenix, Az | Registered: 31 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Look at my web site below, scroll down the first page, select "Actions" and you will see a photo of a Ultra Mag action.

They are a little rough and need tuning for the particular cartridge one uses.

Pluses are a M70 type three position safety, a Timney trigger and a 3.85" length magazine capacity.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Real Sasquatch Country!!! I Seen 'Em! | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey John,

What is the bolt diameter of the Olympia ULTRA MAG action compared to the CZ 550 Mag? Thanks. Ming

Posts: 1002 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John
on the olympia action how is the replacement parts for these actions. I don't want to get into something that I can't fix if it breaks or I loose a screw. RNS

Posts: 767 | Location: Phoenix, Az | Registered: 31 May 2001Reply With Quote
<Don Martin29>
posted
Gibbs in Bath, England was using magnum Mausers when I was there.

What does a Wells action cost? That was always a tough looking piece.

Heck get a reeealy big action so if the 505 does not kick hard enough you can move up!

Just kidding.