New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ultimate ifle Scope
 Login/Join

<RVB>
posted
Here it is, what we've all been waiting for!

http://www.adkoptics.com/specs.html web page

one of us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately it violates RULE #1 ( Never point a rifle at anything you do not intend to destroy.)

Imagine "woops, I was only trying to take a photo of that Roan,............. HOW MUCH!!!!"

Posts: 1523 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks you for your interest in SmartScope and Adirondack Optics.

As you are now aware SmartScope is the biggest advancement to hit the scope industry ever. We will be producing limited quantities in 2003, but you can reserve your SmartScope with a credit card submission. Your card will not be billed until your SmartScope is shipped. The Scopes will be shipped in the order in which they are reserved so get your order in now.

We will begin shipping the first units in September of 2003 (subject to change without notice).

SMARTSCOPE�

Power Objective Price Black Matte (Model) Price Silver Matte (Model)
1.5 - 6 x 44 Adjustable Objective $1695.00 (SS001) $1795.00 (SS004)
3 - 10 x 44 Adjustable Objective $1695.00 (SS002) $1795.00 (SS005)
4 - 17 x 44 Adjustable Objective $1795.00 (SS003) $1895.00 (SS006)

MOUNTAINMAN�

Power Objective Price Black Matte (Model) Price Silver Matte (Model)
1.5 - 6 x 44 $1295.00 (MM001) $1395.00 (MM004)
3 - 10 x 44 $1325.00 (MM002) $1425.00 (MM005)
4 - 17 x 44 Adjustable Objective $1349.00 (MM003) $1449.00 (MM006)

Hardware/Software (16MB Smart Media Card, Card Reader, imaging software) and 2 AA Batteries included
Pricing effective 02/14/03-12/31/03
Delivery to begin September 2003
Add $10.00 Shipping and handling
International orders subject to Export Fee, Freight, Duty and Taxes
All prices are in U.S. dollars

Please contact us for pricing
and ordering information
1-800-815-6814

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Many monthes ago, I posted a topic named "What would rifles of the future be like?" or somthing like that, and someone wished a rifle with digital camera and integral CD burner to capture image of the game.

It became possible today.....

Posts: 638 | Location: O Canada! | Registered: 21 December 2001Reply With Quote
<RVB>
posted
At the SHOT Show last year I also saw a scope with a built in video camera. The suggestion was that police and military snipers could use it set up with a remote TV screen so a supervisor could see what the sniper was seeing and decide on a "shoot / no shoot" situation. Also, a recording of the situation could later be reviewed if needed. With a good muzzle brake and a heavy rifle you could make a great hunting video

one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
Neat idea, but I don't see too many of them being sold. It kinda make me think you would look like a Japanese "tourist/hunter", taking pictures of everything. Besides that, once we start posting pictures of that Trophy through the crosshairs, "right before we killed it", the Anti's will go nuts. I can see it now on PETA and Friends of Animals brochures.

How I do see this as useful though, is as a military or police sniper training tool. Maybe even as a hunter saftey training tool, so the images can be reviewed in a classroom.

just my thoughts.

Posts: 1975 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know that Swarovski already makes one, but it is kind'a expensive and kind'a unhandy... So why does nobody make a rifle scope with a built-in laser range-finder??

And if you really want to talk "future stuff", why can't you get a scope with an inbuilt microprocessor, into which you can load your trajectory, and it will tell you the hold-over (knowing the distance from the range finder) - or even automatically adjust the zero??

The idea of a camera is not bad. But it is only related to the shooting activity in a round-about way. The range-finder and the hold-over calculator is directly related to being able to make hits...

With all the electronics going into an in-built camera, surely none of the above ideas seem too far fetched??

- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
quote:
know that Swarovski already makes one, but it is kind'a expensive and kind'a unhandy... So why does nobody make a rifle scope with a built-in laser range-finder??
mho
I think Zeiss made a scope with a built in range finder for a few years. they stopped making it due to lack of sales. For one thing it was very expensive and butt ugly.

I think these guys seem to be a little optimistic On their pricing also. JMO.
Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What's an "ifle" scope? Is that those "pay-per-view" binocs they have at the base of the Eiffel Tower so us foreign tourist goobers can see the sights?

[ 07-12-2003, 19:57: Message edited by: rootbeer ]

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shawn, I think it was/is Swarovski with the scope with the in-built range-finder. IMHO, the main reasons this did not become a success was 1) pricing (pretty darn expensive scope) 2) scope too bulky and heavy. With the progress of technology, and prices for the electronics having come down, maybe somebody could turn this otherwise excellent idea into something useful?? As you said, Swarovski's version never sold well - presumably for the reasons mentioned.

- mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Techno-crap. Appeals to the gadget lovers. I can't see that it adds much to the lines of a classic sporting rifle. Adding bulk and complexity is hardly a step forward IMO. Maybe I'm too old fashioned but I hate it. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3765 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Leeper:
Techno-crap. Appeals to the gadget lovers. I can't see that it adds much to the lines of a classic sporting rifle. Adding bulk and complexity is hardly a step forward IMO. Maybe I'm too old fashioned but I hate it. Regards, Bill.

Come on Bill, tell us what you really think [Big Grin]

In some (most?) respects, of course you are right. Still, not to be classified as a "luddite"...
- mike