New
Find
Notify
Tools

Plain Jane Quartersawn Walnut?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've seen alot of high end walnut posted on the forum lately with prices in the 600-800+ range, but I want a piece or two of straight grained quartersawn walnut preferably English or French- good layout but not fancy grained say a step or two above what you'd expect to see on a factory gun...

Anyone know of such a stash?

Posts: 360 | Location: PA | Registered: 29 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
Ask and you shall receive! Look HERE!

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of darwinmauser
posted Hide Post
have a look at these guys.

http://www.nzwalnut.co.nz/index.htm

prices start at $80 US

It's mercy, compassion and forgiveness I lack; not rationality.

Posts: 2414 | Location: Humpty Doo NT Australia | Registered: 18 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Jeffeosso & I bought some very nice, dense straight grain quarter sawn Turkish from Chiron (www.hunterbid.com), paid about $100 per blank on average.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got several perfectly (I mean perfectly) quartersawn Bastogne blanks available if you're interested. There is some streaking but not much fiddle. 5 yrs dry. In the $150 range. PM me if you'd like to see pics.

Jay Kolbe

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote