Find
Notify
Tools

williams "wgrs" sight
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of x-51
posted
do any of you have experience with these sights? i want to put one on a BRNO 98, but i'll have to remove the charging hump. the Brownell's staff said the sight will only fit FN Mausers and altered rifles. thanks in advance.

Posts: 128 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 15 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They aren't exactly high quality. Just aluminum with black paint on them. You can find better peep sights.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KurtC:
You can find better peep sights.

Could you tell us where? I'd like to install one on a CZ 452, and Williams was going to be it. My requirements are simple. The sight must fit on the receiver, as far back as possible, and it must have click-adjustable windage and elevation knobs.

Posts: 2206 | Location: USA | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Visually, I have to agree with Kurt, though the couple that I have used have worked fine, held their adjustments, are very compact and are low in cost. I doubt I will ever put one on a bolt gun but I do have them on a Ruger 44 Carbine and a Browning 358 BLR and am very pleased.

Posts: 354 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a WGRS sight on my 1895 Marlin. It worked fine except that it was a nuisance to adjust it. The adjustment process was very clumsy andimprecise. I ended up replacing it with an Ashley ghost ring sight, which adjusts more easily and precisely.

Posts: 189 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
The WGRS is "Williams Guide Rear Sight", NOT the click-adjustable Williams Foolproof sight. The Foolproof is made of aluminum also, but it is every bit the equal of any Lyman or Redfield receiver sight, is slick without any protrusions to catch on anything, the adjustments can be locked after zeroing, and it is light-weight. I have several, and like them a lot. [Big Grin]