New
Find
Notify
Tools

hs precision in model 7
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I purchased an HS precision for a rem 700 .223 ADL and love it. The stiffnes is great from the bypod.
I have a Model 7 stainles synthetic with the hollow plastic stock. Thinking of getting an HS stock for this gun.

Any seen them setup in a "7"? How did they work out with this gun?

Posts: 90 | Location: albany,ny,usa | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Elkslayer
posted Hide Post
I have a model Seven with a 22" standard contour .308win 700 barrel on it. I put it into a HS Precision stock in "Sand" color. I had to open the barrel channel up a bit as the 700 barrel is larger than the 18 1/2" snubbie. I used some 700 or 800 wet/dry sandpaper wrapped around a wooden dowel about the same size as the barrel. A few strokes and drop the action in to check the progress. When doing the sanding make real sure you are going straight back and forth and not "rocking" left to right or up and down.

I did not bed it and it shoots 3 to 5 shot, 100-yard groups around 1 1/2" to 2" which is fine for my purposes.

I am happy with this setup as long as I don't lay it down out on the Wyoming prairie!! Wouldn't be able to find it as it blends in so well. [Wink]

Posts: 452 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 15 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Back in the day when synthetic stocks were not wide spread in factory rifles a friend of mine bought a HS Precision for his rifle. It was a Remington 700 "varminter" in 308 in the wood stock, it was a very good shooting rifle. I "bolted" it to the stock while we were eating Jack-in-the-Box hamburgers. It shot just as good, maybe even a little better and he did not have to worry about any zero shft caused by a warping stock. It worked good for him.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
my barrell is the 20" stock. It shoots moa or less on ocasion with handloads. What I dont like with the stock hollow stock, is poi change when using bipod shorty. THose hollow plastic stocks are flimsy in foreend

Posts: 90 | Location: albany,ny,usa | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Here is my custom 22-250 built on a Model 7 action set in an HSP stock.

-

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote