Find
Notify
Tools

Reboring and rechamberinng a rifle
 Login/Join

posted
Who would you recommend to rechamber and rebore
an existing rifle. I have used Danny Pederson in
Prescott AZ at CutRifle, but cant find his phone number. Dont know if he is still in business. Please let me know.
Thanks, Pharms

Posts: 163 | Location: KC,Mo Area | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Classic Barrel and Gunworks (928) 772-4060

Posts: 698 | Location: fly over America, also known as Oklahoma | Registered: 02 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Prices have risen so much that I only have barrels with unique contours or integral ribs, rebored. $250 was quoted to me last week for a Lee Speed barrel.303 to 375; boring only.

Posts: 17180 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
J E S Reboring

715 South 6th Street

Cottage Grove OR, 97424

541-942-1342

Just finished a BLR 7mm to a 338 win mag for me. I agree with dpcd, rebore for something special. In my case the BLR barrel extension. Quick turnaround of about 1 month and $275. Not a real rechamber however. I have not fired the barrel yet.

One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slivers:
Classic Barrel and Gunworks (928) 772-4060

Silvers,
Have you used Dan's services recently? Please proceed cautiously if you engage Dan Peterson for any work. Too many bad stories out there, one of them is mine. A friend is currently trying to get his rifle back after 2 years in Dan's shop with no work being done while there.
John

Posts: 756 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not used Danny Pederson @ Classic Gun Works. I just knew where to find the phone number. At one time, I remember seeing on his web site that he was not taking on anymore work until he cleared up the huge back log he has. (just went and looked, can't find the site anymore)

Posts: 698 | Location: fly over America, also known as Oklahoma | Registered: 02 June 2013Reply With Quote