New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barrel fitting service
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
In one of the other barrel threads a poster mentioned ITD custom as a source for barrel fitting. Prices seem very reasonable. Have any of you experience using this shop to have a barrel other than Douglas fit to an action.

Posts: 1145 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
That poster was probably me, while they have only used Douglas XX barrels on the rifles they have built for me, I believe they can get almost any blank and have several brands on hand. You could send in any blank you wanted for them to use also.
They will do my next rifle that I am in the process of pinning down what it will be. No connection with them other than a VERY satisfied customer.

Steve.......

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
No. But they did a flawless job on filling in some improperly drilled holes on the rear bridge and hot bluing of one of my Mausers. I would think they can easily handle a barrel job. Call and ask for Dave. I think he still runs the show.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5183 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In one of the other barrel threads a poster mentioned ITD custom as a source for barrel fitting

I had two barrels fitted by them both rifles shoot under an inch.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you want to keep it local, Joe Bautz and Ross Billigsley have about 70 years experience between them..Just don't get any better than either of these men

Posts: 3509 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave at ITD has done many barrel jobs for me in years past and it was always top notch work and on schedule.

The last I knew Dave will not thread or fit a barrel until the ITAR thing gets settled.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1602 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane I know they are local but I don't hit the custom makers up to do barrel jobs as I figure most don't do run of the mill gunsmith work. The same reason I don't badger you to do a proper bolt handle for me. Smiler

Posts: 1145 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 April 2009Reply With Quote