New
Find
Notify
Tools

Martini 310 Cadet trigger trivia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I had a PM from a poster asking about improving the heavy trigger pull and acquiring target sights, and thought parts of my reply might be of interest. Please feel free to attack and/or add to the suggestions.(grin)

"These little rifles usually have an extremely strong trigger return spring and modifying or replacing it usually will lower the pull noticably. Also the actual sear surfaces may benefit from a light stoning to smooth things up and further reduce the pull weight. Very occasionally I've seen sear surfaces that actually had a noticable back-slope, causing the trigger to actually cam the sear up out of a reverse sloping surface, but this is rare.

"Sometimes the original pull weight is so strong that it disguises a creep condition. When this is the case, I like to limit the sear engagement by installing a tiny pin to hold it slightly away from full-depth engagement, rather than actually cutting away the sear surfaces. That way, the rifle can be restored to a heavier pull if ever wanted simply by lowering the pin's protrusion; also it's possible that future wear would require another adjustment and there would still be plenty of sear surface left.

"The usual target peep rear sights for these rifles fit onto the rear 'tang' area of the receiver and on the 22RFs this surface is specially cut down slightly at its front for the sight's base. If you use one of these sights it's a simple matter to cut the tang down and D&T for the attachment screws but you'll probably want to have a 22RF receiver there to copy, depending upon the actual sight you choose. I have an orphan receiver you can use for a pattern if wanted.

"A good source for these and most other older sights is

The Sight Man
Ken Bean
383 Yorkana Road
York, PA 17406
717-755-9070

"I've dealt with about all of the US sight dealers and I recommend him highly."
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Martini International Mk.11 that was built by Karl Kenyon. It has a 2oz trigger. It also has iron sights. It is an incredibly accurate rifle.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote