Notify
Tools

Newbie help please- Custom Rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted
All,
I'm new to the forum, so please excuse me if this is a dumb question, but here goes.

I'd very much like to have a custom rifle built in .416 Rigby, but I am having a tough time locating an action for me. The problem is I am a left handed. I have spoken with several action makers and those few that do have a left handed action that will take the 416 Rigby are either way out on production time or way out of my price range. MRC and CZ's are within my budget if that helps you to know what your dealing with. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!!

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Look for a used LH Weatherby in .378 Wby, .416 Wby., or .460 Wby. and build your rifle on that.

Those rounds are based on the .416 Rigby case with a belt added.

I'm a lefty, too, and Rigby-sized actions are few and far between.

A far easier option is to build a .416 Remington (or even a .416 AccurateReloading) on a LH Winchester Model 70 or Ruger M77 Mk. II.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote