New
Find
Notify
Tools

Douglas Barrels
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Took the M-77Mk II in to get a new tube. Finally decided on Standard Target, 26-inch, in Stainless, beadblasted.With Factory chamber, so she won't be Picky. I can't WAIT! 2-3 weeks... Took the .50-cent Tour of the shop while I was there, wished I'd brought the Baby to see. WONDERFUL!

Posts: 225 | Location: East Kentucky | Registered: 02 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
Are they still serving Jack Daniels to their customers?

What cartridge is it being re-barreled to fit?
What do you mean by "Factory Chamber"?
What makes you think it won't be picky?
What is "Standard Target"?
Why such a long barrel?
Is this a target rifle or a hunting rifle?
Besides installing the barrel, what work, if any, do they do to the receiver?
Are you using the factory Ruger trigger, or have you upgraded it?

Just wondering.

KB

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had it rebarreled because the factory barrel was a whippy POS. .300 Win. Mag. I said Factory Chamber as opposed to 'Benchrest' or 'Target' chamber, i.e. too tight for factory ammo in some cases. I'll just Neck-size when I reload for it as it's the only .300 I have. Timney trigger is On The List, but the stocker is pretty good. And I just hate Short tubes, they look like excrement to me. "Standard Target' is a Sendero-like profile. I wanted the Heavy Target, but I also wanted to be able to CARRY the damned thing. Practicality Won Out over 'Bigger is Better'. MY Ultimate Long Range Rifle would be an 1874 Sharps with a straight taper 30-inch full octagon barrel chambered for .338 Lapua or 30-378. I HATE the short barrels on my Marlins, too. Short barrels are for shotguns and M-4's, lol.

Posts: 225 | Location: East Kentucky | Registered: 02 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
P.S. No Jack was Offered, but I was Driving, anyway, so it was moot.

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
If I went to a shop and they offered my that Rock Gut They'd better hope I didn't bring any ammo with me.
JD is only suitable for mixers and cleaning carburetors.

Scotch is the only Whiskey I drink and it better be good Scotch too.

That said I'll drink Bathtub Gin though

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scotch, old boy, is NOT ...whiskey..., it is WHISKY and many of you Americans even put ice in single malt....a barbarian practice!!!!

Especially, for a Californio, given the superb vino you produce there.

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dewey:
Scotch, old boy, is NOT ...whiskey..., it is WHISKY and many of you Americans even put ice in single malt....a barbarian practice!!!!
AMEN!!!!,,,and tho I like a good single malt,,,the American in me goes sour mash burbon,,,the German part of me loves a good Mosel and that homemade grain schnapps from my ancestoral Bavaria.......

NEVER THE LEAST DEGREE OF LIBERTY IN EXCHANGE FOR THE GREATEST DEGREE OF SECURITY

Posts: 141 | Location: LOUISIANA,,for now. | Registered: 08 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
Looks to me that we started out talking gun barrels and digressed to whiskey barrels. Soon it will turn into a drunken brawl, now that's exciting! BOOM clap beer

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.
NRA Life Member, December 2009

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Went yesterday and picked it up, put the rifle back together today and shot it, NO VIBRATION! Don't kick half as hard, either. SEEMS quieter, as well. Can't find my targets, have to get some new ones to see what she'll do.

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Single malt Scotch is my favorite! I am guilty of requesting a "splash" of water as even Scotts will tell you this is the way to bring out the best in flavor. My "splash" is the equivalent of one small ice cube. That's it.

Nothing like a little Duncan Taylor 1969, Glenfarclas 25, Dalwhinnie, Bunnahabhain 25, Macallan, and several of the Glens...nothing under 12 years of course.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc:
Single malt Scotch is my favorite! I am guilty of requesting a "splash" of water as even Scotts will tell you this is the way to bring out the best in flavor. My "splash" is the equivalent of one small ice cube. That's it.

Nothing like a little Duncan Taylor 1969, Glenfarclas 25, Dalwhinnie, Bunnahabhain 25, Macallan, and several of the Glens...nothing under 12 years of course.

bsflagIt's a matter of timeing. Like if you're having sex every night or once a month. The best in my memory bank was from mason jars about every three weeks in Virginia close to the West Va. border. If it had alky most likely it was dandy, but I'd really have to be desperate to spend any time with Scotch or Irish.JMHO beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bartshe

I am with you. I have saved a lot of money over the years not being able to tell the difference in taste between different wines, different whiskeys and different beers.

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
The best in my memory bank was from mason jars about every three weeks in Virginia close to the West Va. border.

whoaa, you are OLD! Cool

I'll stick with my scotch.

One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
And all this Scotch and Rot-Gut was poured thru a Douglas XX barrel am I right? We're like a bunch of old ladies, forgot why the hell we're here but party on, keep the whiskey flowing

beer hammering stir patriot

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.
NRA Life Member, December 2009

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olcrip:
And all this Scotch and Rot-Gut was poured thru a Douglas XX barrel am I right? We're like a bunch of old ladies, forgot why the hell we're here but party on, keep the whiskey flowing

beer hammering stir patriot

I like Scotch a lot more than Douglas barrels. Thread hijacked, continue discussions on single malt... Big Grin