Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser 98
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted
Can anybody tell me where I can purchase a new 98 Mauser action.... ?? Thanks Maddog

Joshua 24:15
www.teamfaithfull.net /
My granddaughter
"Multitudes loose the sight of that which is, by setting their eyes on that which is not".

Posts: 1899 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
You can try Charles Daly and ask them for their distributors. There are several onGun Brokeralso. There are a couple others also but the price goes way up. Also in the sam price range you could try a Montana Rifleman

Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Granite mountain Arms, get out your big bucks. Legacy and I can't remember who makes them, Wuffen Hein (?) in Eastern Washington.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Google up "Legacy Sports". You can get an inexpensive investment cast action from them or try Chas. Daly for a machined one. Quality is about the same on both but I like the Chas. Daly just because I'm old enough to swallow the "forged is better" argument.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of South40
posted Hide Post
Numrich's has Zastava (Mark X) Mausers: http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=891820&chrSuperSKU=&MC=

I bought one of these when they were on sale for $200 and it made a very nice (and very accurate) 7x57. --S40

Youth and vitality are wasted on the young.

Posts: 442 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 28 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
there are some brand spanking new Mauser Mod.98 GEWs for sale in the gunlist...OLd guns that were never issued...about 289. as I recall..full page add...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you want to check out Legacy they are at www.legacysports.com Brownells usually has several types of actions for sale. You might find something there.
www.brownells.com

Best wishes,
Cal - Montreal

Cal Sibley

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe the Zastavas are still on sale. If not, I have a nasty surprise coming, because I ordered one a few days ago.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=&chrSuperSKU=851010

At $200, there is no question that this is a better deal than even a good milsurp. It's blued, drilled and tapped for a scope, you don't have to change the safety, there is no reloading hump to grind off, and the bolt handle is already bent. You can't buy a good milsurp and get it into that condition for $200.

There is a guy that advertises on eBay that has brand new Zastava barrels for sale at $80. I bought a #1 contour 7x57 from him, which is going on the Zastava action. I've also seen him advertise 270. BTW, he has Daly marked Zastava actions for $260.

Prove all things; hold fast to that which is good.

Posts: 2281 | Location: Layton, UT USA | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted Hide Post
Thank you everybody for your help. Maddog

Joshua 24:15
www.teamfaithfull.net /
My granddaughter
"Multitudes loose the sight of that which is, by setting their eyes on that which is not".

Posts: 1899 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 May 2001Reply With Quote