New
Find
Notify
Tools

MRC 99 receiver Tap HELP!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I recently threaded a stainless barrel to install on my MRC 1999 short action. When I screwed it onto my receiver,the second time,I gauled a thread on the barrel and have remnants of the thread stuck in the receiver threads about three to four threads inside the receiver.
I looked in Brownells for a tap but could not find one. I believeI'm looking for a 1"-16 Tap.
If any one can help me locate a plug tap this size I would appreciate it.
I feel stupid as dirt as I know stainless on stainless has a tendency to gaul and should have coated the parts with nickel antisieze before screwing together.

Posts: 187 | Location: eastern USA | Registered: 06 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
1"-16 is correct.....McMaster carr is the place to go....they have it all.....

get a GH3 bottoming tap.........

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks I'll look there. I have a catalogue.

Posts: 187 | Location: eastern USA | Registered: 06 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks I'll look there i have a catalogue.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Went to McMasters and they listed two different ones. Thanks for the help it is on the way.