New
Find
Notify
Tools

MRC action & scope bases
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a MRC with three base holes in the rear. I think the spacing is either .330 or .860... This rifle is chambered in .375 and I currently have the Leupold Dual Dovetail bases and rings on it. This set up positions the scope a little to far to the rear. When shooting off the bench the scope is tagging me ever so slightly... I know if I keep it up it's going to get me one day..

What base ring combo can I use to move the scope a bit farther forward, 1/4" would do.... But again it's a .375 so need something substaintial.
Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am guessing that you are using bases that are accomodating to a .330 hole spacing. Going to an .860 spaced rear base (the three holes accomodate both) might help pull it forward utilizing the hole closest to the ejection port, maybe.

You could try Leupolds Redfield type bases, putting the blasted thing out over the ejection port. It would allow that scope to go forward though.

Why there is three holes on the rear bridge of this setup baffles me and I have a hard time buying that there are loads of people wanting to use a one piece base on these actions.

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuck,
As you mentioned, I didn't want the base intruding on the ejection port and I feel like the dual dovetails are fairly stout... But they cause the eye relief issue.. The rear DD base uses the .860 hole spacing, does not hang over the port, but ----------