Find
Notify
Tools

New Gunsmiths
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted

My son just graduated from the Pennsylvania School of Gunsmithing yesterday. He is the one in the plaid shirt. He now moves on to his dream job.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2603 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
I would like to know what his dream job will be ?

Don't take the chip !

Posts: 578 | Location: PA | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

I would love to hear what he thought of the school?

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
He thought it was a great school. He learned a lot. His skills are amazing with what he has learned.

Posts: 2603 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
Congratulation to your son. Gunsmith is a very interesting and versatile job.
My dad is gunsmith, since 1969 and master since 1982. He have a little gunstore and workshop. But in Germany, this job haven´t any future. And my dad was very farsighted and let me first lean an future-proof job. Electrician...... Roll EyesHmm......
Now, I´m a little bit sad, that I´m not a gunsmith. Since last year, I collect every book about gunsmithing I can get. And I absorb every information and craftsmanship, I can get from my dad. But I´m realistic. Gunsmithing and gunowning have no future in Germany. In the next years we will get many new regulations, especial gun bans for target shooter. But I will try to conserve this old craftmanship.

Would I live in the USA or Canada, I would be an gunsmith.

Martin

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
Big Bore.... sorry to hear about those issues in Germany.

Love the youtube link. That song is great. When it was played in the movie Battle of the Bulge it made the movie even though it was a small part.

One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
I see Robert Thacker on far right blue shirt and striped tie , Where is the chief Mr. George Thacker ?

Don't take the chip !

Posts: 578 | Location: PA | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Love the youtube link. That song is great. When it was played in the movie Battle of the Bulge it made the movie even though it was a small part.

It´s one of a few old German army songs. Since a few years it´s forbidden, to sing it in the army. The roots of this songs are in the 1930´s. Also in the nazi time. And because we all fear this time, it´s forbidden. After the WW2 and the foundation of the "Bundeswehr" in the year 1955 only the first part of this song, was allowed. It´s like, as with our national anthem. We sing only the third part, of the "Deutschlandlied". But this song is from 1841. Not from the nazi time.
It´s a bit confusing, but the reason lies in the fact, that we are afraid before our history.
And stuff like that here is great anyway pooh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky-zdHMNFNM
I am not a Nazi, rather apolitical, but I stand by our history, which includes more than 1933 to 1945.

Martin

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote