THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is this a good Deal on a P-14 Action - $200 ???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The sellers description...
"Offered on consignment is a P14 Enfield action kit for building magnum sporters. Receivers have been magnafluxed with attendant records and re-heat treated. They have been remodeled to full sporter configuration, Remington Mdl 700 profile. Drilled and tapped for scope mounts. Bolt handles have been modified without dog leg for mounting scopes. Floor plates have been straightened, new magazine boxes, ready to take Dayton-Traister cock on open trigger assembly. Magazine boxes measure just over 3.7 inches. Most kits are generally as pictured but could be missing some of the smaller parts, ie; springs, etc. Most have triggerguards but none are straightened per se. The owner states none need to be. Ready for final assembly and finishing by a professional gunsmith. Your choice of Winchester, Remington, or Eddystone while available" $200

Looking to pick something up for a later project. I've got a P-17 in 458 Lott so maybe a 416 Rigby, 505 Gibbs or 500 Jefferys. Would one of these actions do?? Which mfg would be best?

NRA
CRPA
DRSS

Posts: 598 | Location: Texas/CA | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Did I miss the price?

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dempsey:
Did I miss the price?

My mistake, it's there now, $200

NRA
CRPA
DRSS

Posts: 598 | Location: Texas/CA | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Yes that is a good price. Especialy if you can get a Remington.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
in the last 2 yrs, i've picked up 3 eddystone enfield p-17's for $140- $180... 1 was drilled/tapped in the rem 30 pattern, 1 is unaltered, another cobbled up... for the machine work already done on the 1 you're looking at, i'd say it is a good deal....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2834 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
What sort of cost is involved in sporterizing a Pattern 14?
I've got an Eddystone that would be nice as something big.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Unaltered actions can be had for around $75, but with all that work done to them $200 is a bargain.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
quote:
but with all that work done to them $200 is a bargain.

That is what I ment. As shown in the photo.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote