New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gunstocks.com
 Login/Join

<CAL9 from planet Fargo>
posted
Anybody know whether this company (Great American Gunstock) is still a going concern? They have some awesome looking blanks on their "bargains" page, but all their other links are dead ends.

I can recall perusing their site about a year ago, and have kept them in mind for a sporter blank. Now they seem kaput. Any clues? Did I miss their demise?

Thanks,

CAL9

one of us
posted Hide Post
They are alive and quite well. The 800 number you get on the 'Temporarily out of service' page is theirs. I have found they provide great service, rapid turnaround, and nice stocks. Ask for Henry Pohl (sp?) he's the owner and usually the one who answers anyway.

Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
<CAL9 from planet Fargo>
posted
I guess I thought about saving up for a blank, just would like to know what kind of $$ I need to save before I call. They used to have all their grades/prices listed for all types of blanks. I liked that.

Thanks,

CAL9

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Henry and I talked about his website, 4 months ago.. But, they make great stocks. he once told me he would do a friends model 71 with his highest grade exhibition english, checker it, fit pad, mount to rifle, for a MAX of $100. The stock on my 376 was $400, and the one for my 500 jeffe was $200. 400 gets you GREAT wood, and 200 gets you a really nice stock
jeffe

Posts: 39598 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
<Rezdog>
posted
Try methyl salicylate, commonly sold as Oil of Wintergreen, and you'll be surprised at how well it works (and how good it smells while you're tapping).