New
Find
Notify
Tools

Range report on several guns
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I picked up three new varmit rigs and finally got them scoped and a bit of range time in.
First up was the Cooper LVT in 17 topped with the Leupold Mark4 PR mil-dot. All I can say is this is a one hole operation. Three of us took turns shooting and it was astounding.
Next up was the Cooper Classic in 22 mag with a Leupold 4.5-14 LR. This gun was all over the target. None of the three of us could get it to group better than a inch or so Mad It is now sitting in the corner waiting for several boxes of various ammo to see if we can find the right combo, very dissapointed at this point.
Next up was the Remmy composite in 223 topped off with a Leupold 6.5-20X50 LR/T mil-dot. This gun is also a one holer with all three of us shooting it. I only found one drawback and that was that the gun seemed to heat up much quicker that my other HB 223's. The temp was in the low 90's. I just changed out the scope to a LR 8.5-25 with a premier mil-dot, so more range time is required. Big Grin

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Jimmy,

Which .17 is that Cooper LVT chambered in? My Varminter in .17 Mach IV is the most accurate rifle I own.

As for the .22 Mag, you're going to have to try all the available loads, then buy a case or two of the one that shoots best (or maybe rechamber to .22CCM).

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
George, mine is the HMR and what a sweetheart.I went that way so as I could use the same mags in both the 22 mag and the 17, since Cooper thinks they are made of gold Big Grin
I'm sure we will get the classic to shoot with the right ammo, just try several brands and when we find the right one, buy in bulk.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote