Find
Notify
Tools

Question on Talley Bases
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JC375
posted
I have seen some that have no recoil shoulder. Would you use this type on a 458 Lott?

Posts: 102 | Location: Florida | Registered: 04 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe you should contact Talley with that question; I don't believe I have ever seen a set of Talley bases that did not have a recoil shoulder built into the base.

IMHO, to answer your question, no!

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JC375
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jim.

Posts: 102 | Location: Florida | Registered: 04 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Roger Green 416 Taylor has Talley bases w/o the rear shoulder. I think it's a "custom" touch. It makes using the QR rings very quick and easy. They look similar to the Kimber of Oregon or Burgess bases.

Posts: 1135 | Location: corpus, TX | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aliveincc:
My Roger Green 416 Taylor has Talley bases w/o the rear shoulder. I think it's a "custom" touch. It makes using the QR rings very quick and easy. They look similar to the Kimber of Oregon or Burgess bases.

That's the diff, they have a recoil shoulder, the front one where the recoil goes as the scope tries to stay where it is as the rifle goes back under recoil.

I have put Talley's on several BIG boomers without any complaint by the owners....

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a set that has no front recoil shoulder on the rear base. Works fine on a 270 Winchester, but I doubt I'd attempt to use it on a 458 Lott though:

Here is another set that has a very trim recoil shoulder. I wouldn't hesitate to use it on a big kicker: