Find
Notify
Tools

Rotating Sling Swivels
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted
Anyone know of any sling swivels that rotate? I have seen the push-button type but do not want that specific type. I would like them to accept a standard Uncle MIkes et al style latch.

Thanks, Baxter

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Do you want sling swivel studs that rotate?

I haven't seen any, but they would be easy enough to fabricate by taking the stud on the left side:

and making a bushing that fits over the threads in a loose fit, then turning down the nut to the slightly smaller diameter and staking it on the shaft so the swivel turns on the bushing, then epoxying the bushing into the stock.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Thats essentially what I am looking for. I like your idea but want something that the average person can install.

Thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Baxter; This is more an observation than an answer to your ?. I find rotating swivels a pain as you are always un-twisting the sling, I remove the rotators unless "originality" is a concern. The rotators are usually on 22s and such, the loop goes to a central bushing with a screw in the middle for attachment. FWIW --- John303.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
John303, I have seen those and don;t like that style myself. The application is not for a rifle though but as strap locks for guitars. I find both the Dunlop's and Schaller's have irritating flaws and am looking for a better solution. reinventing the wheel I suppose. ;-)

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have found on old sporters the described type that have the bushing and center screw.

I will say this, I prefer the swiveling type to the fixed type pictured. I have found in the ones pictured above that if the sling does want to twist it's going to back the stud out a turn.

the ones like this solve that problem

there are others that work well too, just the ones above I hate.

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote