Find
Notify
Tools

Mc Gowan?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
Is Harry mc Gowan still alive. Back in "63" he made a barreled action for me that made into the most accurate rifle I've ever owned. Thanks Harry. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes Harry is quite alive, as I spoke to him not long ago.

Call him 815-937-9816

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
SmilerThanks Terrey.roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
Is Harry mc Gowan still alive. Back in "63" he made a barreled action for me that made into the most accurate rifle I've ever owned. Thanks Harry. beerroger

He was 2 days ago.

Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
Wow! I got a Douglas premium barreled mauser action from him about the same time - $58.50! - extra $3 for premium...sigh.

How much was yours?

BTW I think its McGowEn.

Wish I still had the long, handwritten letters I got from him back then!

Funny thing, I specified a 7/8" muzzle - waited 6 weeks and when it came seemed a bit muzzle heavy - measured .975", but I didn't care was so happy to get it stocked.

Bob Shaffer

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Harry did the metalwork on a Sako for me last fall. This little full stock 308 shoots into .4 with Lapua match ammo.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central PA | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
"[QUOTE]Originally posted by sonofagun:
Wow! I got a Douglas premium barreled mauser action from him about the same time - $58.50! - extra $3 for premium...sigh."

Yep I think that was the price. beer

"How much was yours?"

thumbMine was a 22 Varmiter as the 22-250 was yet to be a commercially available offering. It really was a tack driver. jump roger