Find
Notify
Tools

custom stock work
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of byf42
posted
who makes custom stocks? looking for a company to make one for the new 405 winchester in m1895 i'm getting. Cool anyway, i remember a year or so ago, looking on the internet, and seeing a company that had blanks you could look at, and select your own. i want to say it was a German sounding name, but i looked and couldn't find it. any help would be greatly appreciated!

*We Band of 45-70er's*

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Posts: 497 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
Try Treebone. He makes extremely nice stocks and I believe he offers the 95 as a standard pattern. If not, he can duplicate yours. His specialty is lever action and single shot stocks so he is your man. De a search on the internet and yu will find him.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You may be thinking of Dressel.
http://www.dressels.com/index.htm

one of us
Picture of byf42
posted Hide Post
kaboom- dressel's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's it!!! thanks.

m1 tanker- will also check out treebone.

thanks a bunch guys!!!! thumb

*We Band of 45-70er's*

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Posts: 497 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote