New
Find
Notify
Tools

DWM small ring 98?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ran across a sporterized military DWM small ring 98 today. The hand guard was still attached, so I couldn't see much, but the action has all 98 features. Bolt vents are long and narrow. Left side of action marked just like a DWM 95. Dealer knew nothing about it. Anyone have any idea what it is, when it was made, and who it was made for? Is it large or small ring thread? The dealer has it he tar marked 7x57, but he's not sure, and I didn't have time to look it over more thoroughly. My phone is broke, so no pics. Thanks
Matt.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3291 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
A DWM 98 small ring would be a new one for me.

Posts: 17173 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It must be a Mexican Model 1902 that has had the front ring scrubbed. For $250, I think I'll buy it. The actions got to be worth something to someone. Thanks
Matt

Matt
FISH!!

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3291 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I did some research; yes, DWM did make some for Mexico in about 1903; they are quite rare and a complete original rifle will sell for at least a grand. So, yes, buy the action now.

Posts: 17173 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one, if it is in good condition I would jump on it for $250.00.

The quality of mine is superb, as one would expect of DWM.

Posts: 265 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 09 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks fella's. The condition is no great, but not horrible. I recall seeing a DWM small ring action all detailed on Joel Dorleac' website a couple years ago, it must have been one of these.
Matt

Matt
FISH!!