THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Standard face (8m/m,.30-06, etc.) MkX bolt?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
When I asked you guys about magnum bolts with bent bolt handles, you did a marvellous job finding me several right here at AR.

Now I need a Mark X or very similar K-98 length bolt body or a complete bolt, with the standard face and the bent bolt handle. I don't want to spend my time bending or welding a military bolt. I didn't think it was possible but as I age I still manage to get lazier every day....I almost forgot to breathe yesterday.

Any suggestions?

fishing coffee beer

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
You can try this, but it is a complete MKX bolt;

http://www.sarcoinc.com/mauser.html#5

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to gunbroker.com and look down the L side of the opening page. Under the guns you will see a separate thingy for gun parts. Click on rifle and then on the "bolts" and you will find several of the type you want. Easier yet! Go to gunbroker.com and type 135149638 into the search.
Aloha, Mark

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering if others have had experiences similar to mine with these Mark X or Interarm/Charles Daly/Remington798 bolts sold by these guys parting out the rifles on GB.

I have had and still have several. Some are speed lock, and some are the older type. I have been less than happy with the speed lock, partially because it seems the internal parts are not interchangable - firing pin, spring, cocking piece and maybe etc.

Also another thing discovered, maybe odd maybe not, is that the Gentry safety shroud that I tried seemed to fit the older style bolt bodies better than the speed lock body. Specifically, the gap between the back of the bolt and the front of the shroud was wider than I thought acceptable, where on the older style bolt, the gap seemed closer to normal. I compared this fit by trying a couple of diferent Gentry assemblies on various bolts, including FN and FN Browning, and Herters J9, and Mk X speedlock and std, and various military bolts. The only bolts that the safeties fit poorly, regarding the gap, was the speedlock bolts.

KB

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
In using the various MKX -798 versions only thing I have seen different was the speed lock versions. The only parts I found different were the bolt body and cocking piece. Everything else I've swapped. I have never played with a Gentry style on the speed lock so I canb't comment.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote