New
Find
Notify
Tools

Win 54 barrel threads
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
I just purchased a mauser that has a win 54 barrel screwed into it. I haven't seen the gun yet but was wondering if the threads are the same or has this barrel been rethreaded?

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The threads aren't the same on all "mausers" that I show listed.....different size shank and 12 tpi vs. 16tpi.....many will allow the 54 barrel to be recut/rethreaded and still have enough meat to fit the Mauser....OR it may just be held in by only part of the threads and dangerous to continue to shoot? I'd get it checked by a trusted smith.....HTH..good luck and safe shooting!!

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
It has never been shot, as it still needs to be screwed in the last 1/8" apparently. I was just wondering since I have no need for it and it sounds like it may be a collectible target barrel, c. 1928, but I don't collect these things so I haven't a clue.

The only thing I do know is that if it has been recut it won't be collectable so much.

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Mark, good luck with that. If however it is not collectible and you want to get rid of it. Please let me know. I am looking for any other than another '06 for my 54.
Thanks,
Frank

If you want I can measure mine this weekend and let you know what the thread pitch is.

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote