New
Find
Notify
Tools

High Standard Gunsmith Needed
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was looking at a friends HS HB. He had asked if I could clean it for him as it was jamming and not firing without cocking it twice. It has an external hammer. Well it looks to me like the lever on the right side that you use to take the slide off is worn out. It just moves around without having any pressure it moves freely like it is not making any contact. So I told him he needed to sent it to a gunsmith hopefully an expert with High Standards. Anyone know of someone who could fix this gun.
Thanks Tony

Posts: 215 | Location: BRF mid west WI. | Registered: 28 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Google High Standard firearms and there will be an address in, I believe, Houston. They still work on all of the High Standard Models there.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Clark in LA (the state not shitty).

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is what I found on these old HS HB. Most of all it needs to be cleaned, then look for the recoil spring not closing the slide tight to back of barrel.

If the chamber is burred from dry firing and you want to keep the original barrel it needs to be relined by full length or a section of the liner fitted for about .400 inch deep into the chamber and recut the chamber in the new section. These short liner repairs need to silver soldered in place. This can be expensive to have reworked and may exceed the value of the pistol. It is not much difference to relining a rifle barrel. I kept short sections of liners to make these repairs.

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote