New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK, this is what I have to work with...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
...what would you build? I'm thinking 338-06 but I already have the 30-06's, 9.3x62 and 416rem (being built).

I just bought the action off of gunbrokers so I dont have it in my hands.

Stock I do have.

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=84772177

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
30-338

remember the 2% rule you must be 2% smarter then what you are trying to do

Posts: 85 | Location: Kotzebue, Alaska | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
If that's the stock you are going to use then it looks like a good match. thumb

There didn't happen to be any pictures taken showing the top of the receiver was there?

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Westpac:
If that's the stock you are going to use then it looks like a good match. thumb

There didn't happen to be any pictures taken showing the top of the receiver was there?

You are too kind.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The action is a little more pitted than what I would like but for a hunting rifle it should work. No pics of the top of the receiver but the guy spent some time on it and I hope its not to bubbatized. Its also gonna be stripped and probably cold blued.

The stock has a long way to go. I didnt go to nuts working on it til I knew what I was gonna do with it. It still has alot of work left to go.

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joel,
You should have kept the one you sold me. It wasn't pitted that bad.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Before that guy got a dime I would want to know that the scope base holes were in a straight line and somewhat centered. Just a thought...

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch, I know but I was supposed to be getting out of mausers and switching to enfields...Ask me how that is working out <grins>

Westpac, I'm to much of a trusting fellow and like I said the guy spent some time and money and I am hoping he did it right. If it was a plain jane action that no one did anything to I wouldnt even had considered it without alot of pics. If I have to I will have my smith make a custom base that would cover any defects, if any. We will see, some day I'm gonna stop doing impulse buys.

A lesson in irony

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joel, It was more work than I wanted. I traded it with money for an old Parker at the Shilen Swap Meet.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch, sorry it wasnt what you were looking for I woulda refunded your money. Atleast it worked out for you as trading fodder.

A lesson in irony

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joel,
I am OK with it. I like the Parker.
Butch