Find
Notify
Tools

Where to find L.C. Smith Parts????????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Friends-

What's the best source for finding L.C. Smith Shotgun parts?

Your help would be most appreciated.

May the wind be in your face and the sun at your back.

P. Mark Stark

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did you try Googling "L.C. Smith Parts"?

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are you looking for? I have one that could easily become a parts gun. Other than that, www.gunpartscorp.com has them.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chic-

I am looking for the steel "back-strap" or "spine" that fits in forend that buts up against the barrels and holds the forend in place. I obviously do not know the technical name for the part.

P. Mark Stark

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call this guy, his name is Palmer. I needed a screw for one and he had it along with a bunch of other stuff.

952.446.1435 between 11 and 5

Jim

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you guys recommend someone for a re-stock of a Smith? Have a friend that wants to restore a .410 that's been in his family.

Best regards;
Brett

one of us
posted Hide Post
I HAVE NEW FORE END METAL FOR YOUR LC SMITH, NEW NEEDS FITTING. E-MAIL ME, NO CHARGE, JUST SHIPPING.

You can tell you're old when it takes all night long to do what you used to do all night.

Posts: 32 | Location: lancaster,pa | Registered: 23 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Old Action- E-mail Sent.

All-

I have a Pre 1913 L.C. Smith 2E and it has the typical splinter forend.

I often wondered how nice it would be to have a Beavertail forend. I recently found one and acquired it off of internet. See below:

However, the forend iron on the "Beavertailed" forend is too big for my shotgun. I got my calipers out and took a couple of measurements off of both forend irons. See below:

Those measurements are as follows:

Splinter Forend
Width: 1.477 inches
Height: .800

Beavertailed Forend:
Width: 1.597
Height: .845

I need a forend iron the same size as is on my existing spliter forend.

I would appreciate any guidance you might be able to give me.

P. Mark Stark

One of Us
Picture of brianbo
posted Hide Post
You can try contacting Walt Schiessel. He's the LC Smith Man. http://www.lcsmithman.com/lcsm.htm

Regards,
Brian

Meet "Beauty" - 66 cal., 417 grn patched roundball over 170 grns FFg = ~1950 fps of pure fun!

"Scotch Whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel's nipples." - Warren Ellis

NRA Life Member

Posts: 479 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: 10 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Old Action-

Private message sent. Please feel free to send me an e-mail at: pmstark@gvtc.com

P. Mark Stark