New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stevens rifles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
SmilerJust was wondering if someone could tell me if the Stevens rifles made by Savage are a good choice for the money. I don't expect they are Remington BDLs or anything but was wondering what kind of quality they were.

Posts: 671 | Location: none | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
I looked at one. Looked like a Savage with more plastic. I noticed that once Savage came out with these they raised there prices on the 110's etc. I will say that I never had a Savage that didn't shoot well.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a savage 116, and I love it. From the looks of them (Review in this month's Rifle Magazine) they are the same a Savage 110 without the accutrigger. They save some money on the stocks too. The big difference in the stock is that they are two pieces of plastic molded together, and you can feel the seam. In the Savage it is one piece and supposedly you don't feel any seam.

Also there is a limited caliber selected. I think they are only available in .270 and .30-06

Overall the recommendation was a hearty - buy!

Friends don't let friends use see through scope mounts!

Posts: 130 | Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been following posts on this weapon on another forum and so far the people who bought them seems to rave about the rifles and the accuracy of them. They are dual pillar bedded at the factory and they do have an inexpensive plastic stock. There is a long and short action. In the long action the rifle is chambered in .25/06, .270 Winchester, .30/06, 7mm Remington Magnum and .300 Winchester Magnum. The magnums have a 24 inch barrel and the non-mags have a 22 inch barrel. In the short action, all with 22-inch barrels, the rilfe is chambered in .223 Remington, .22/250, .243 Winchester, 7/08 and .308. They have a MSRP of $319 and are selling in large outlets for $268 to $275. And no, I do not work for Stevens or Savage. Just a retired newspaper reporter! Tom Purdom

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SmilerThanks guys as I have been offer a new one in a trade and i didn't know anything about them. I know Savage is a great rifle!

Posts: 671 | Location: none | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote