THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Does anyone make a neat Mauser bolt stop lever assembly?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone make a neat Mauser bolt stop lever assembly?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am putting together a Zastava 98 Mauser action for a future build. I need a bolt stop lever assembly and rather then getting a stock one I was wondering if anyone makes a unique aftermarket one? I don't have any idea what I want, just something different then the factory ones. If you know of any please post a link.

Posts: 528 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Billingsley and Brownell makes one, unfortunately they do not have a website. They do have a catalog available. I currently don't have a rifle with one of their stops or I'd post a pic. Maybe another member has a pic to post.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is exactly the type of option I was looking for. Do you have the contact info for Billingsley & Brownell and have any idea how much it is? Does anyone else have any ideas?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PO Box 25
620 Broadway
Dayton, WY 82836
307 655 9344

From their price sheet:

Complete conversion on furnished bolt stop, $75.00
Bolt stop button only, $25.00

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone else have any suggestions?

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Could have a tab made then silver brazed on.
Or welded on. Conveniently I know a guy Big Grin Big Grin

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try finding one from a Brno 21 or 22.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another pic of a Billingsly extention. Here's one I put on.
Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check this thread. Nick is thinking of running a bunch of 98s. http://forums.accuratereloadin...9411043/m/4111072661

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Here's a couple I did. Nothing fancy just easy to use & nothing to snag on anything.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
So here's the question. How difficult is it to get the spring for these guys?
I could do a production run of the bodies but the springs would be a little hard to make.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I'd opt for the simple checkered front.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of igorrock
posted Hide Post
This Argentine mauser version is quite interesting to custom builder...

http://e-sarcoinc.com/arg1909msrboltstopstripped.aspx

Posts: 410 | Location: Finland | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had an argentine with that bolt stop, not comfortable to operate as I found myself having to use my nail, with a stiff spring this is less than optimal. I like the billingsly one a lot, looks very cool and you'd be squeezing rather than pulling. I think that would make it easier to do while pulling out the bolt.

I also like the looks of it on the front, that's very inconspicuous and looks like a straight forward modification.

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
An elegant and simple solution is to file/grind back the inside front of the bolt stop and leave a ledge on the outer edge. That is all you need to obtain finger purchase.

Posts: 3780 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kcstott:
So here's the question. How difficult is it to get the spring for these guys?
I could do a production run of the bodies but the springs would be a little hard to make.

Spring tapps right out, but take a good look at the internal spring perch before you say they would be easy to make.
Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote