New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a Buhler safety for a Krag
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recently picked up a sporter Krag because it was really done nicely and that side magazine looks so unusual. However I can't use the safety because it hits the scope. Please PM me if you have one of the old Buhler safeties for a Krag.
Thanks

When the buffalo are gone we will hunt mice, for we are hunters, and we want our freedom---Sitting Bull

.470 Chapuis double; 9.3x74R Mathelon triple; 30-06 Winchester O/U

Posts: 105 | Location: Rockville, MD USA | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
have you checked with Buhler yet? They might have one stashed away in the warehouse.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buehler has been out of business for more than a couple years. Timney makes "remakes". Can't say if they offer a remake for the Krag or not.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:
Buehler has been out of business for more than a couple years. Timney makes "remakes". Can't say if they offer a remake for the Krag or not.

Bob Ray who used to run Buehler still answers the phone. He still has a few items in stock. You can google their number.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one new one left in stock.
PM me if interested.

James

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I still have lots of the 1891 Mauser, 1898 Krag, and M54, Low Scope safties that Precise Metalsmithing Ent, made in the 90's.

PM inbound

James Wisner
Custom Metalsmith

Posts: 1473 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J Wisner:
I still have lots of the 1891 Mauser, 1898 Krag, and M54, Low Scope safties that Precise Metalsmithing Ent, made in the 90's.

PM inbound

James Wisner
Custom Metalsmith

Question please, did you or anyone else to your knowledge ever make a Buehler-style safety that had its wing on the left side? Seems like I remember a mirror-image Buehler being offered by someone, but CRS has a firm grip these days (G).
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joe if IIRC, I'm thinkin' they were made by Dayton Traister? Numrich still carries a bunch, and I think they're all LH.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/sear...0&MfgrSelect=0&Page=

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote