THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    S&W's cylinders accept ammo in clips AND ammo without?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W's cylinders accept ammo in clips AND ammo without?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have an S&W 640-1 357 Magnum revolver. I understand that S&W currently offers 640-xx having cylinders machined to function correctly with AND without ammunition in clips. Since my revolver is, for all practical purposes, identical with currently manufactured 640s - except without the lock - will Smith machine my cylinder to accept ammunition both ways?

I believe at least one gunsmith machines cylinders that way, but I prefer to have Smith do it to not void their willingness to do repair work if needed.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1513 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post
Ask them. The Performance Center number is

1-800-331-0852

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Might just be easier/cheaper to sell yours and buy a the one you want.

Posts: 19597 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 553 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
Might just be easier/cheaper to sell yours and buy a the one you want.

He said his was without the lock. Its a better made gun with no mim parts then.

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote