Find
Notify
Tools

Blue An Old Scope?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of RenegadeRN
posted
I tried doing a little research on this forum, but didn't quite find what I was looking for.

I have an older Weaver K4 that has quite a bit of wear and tear. Since the rifle is over 50 years old I had my grandfather's rifle reblued. The scope and rifle now don't match. I tried some off the shelf cold bluing and it did deepen the blue color on the body of the scope, but still isn't as deep as the new bluing on the rifle. Should I continue to add more cold bluing or should I try another product? Secondly...the ends of the scope appear to be brass rings and the color is warn off. What should I use to color these?

'I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisable, with liberty and justice for all.'

Posts: 171 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 29 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Might want to have these guys re-condition it for you. Prices dont seem out of line.

http://www.spradlins.net/scopes.html

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RayGunter
posted Hide Post
you might try here
Weaver repair

Ray

...look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 117 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote