Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold Torx Driver not Marine-Proof!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted
I've been out for 24 years, but I still have that old Marine touch!

Sure am glad they fit sloppy. This one busted flush with the top of the screw, but fell right out when I inverted the rifle and whacked the barrel with a hammer.....just kidding!

Tim

Posts: 1533 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know exactly what you mean

I posted on one of these forums once that all companies should field test their new products with the corps because if something can be broken in any way whatsoever a marine will break it in the first ten minutes he gets his hands on it.

Rick

Semper Fi

Posts: 494 | Location: Valencia, CA | Registered: 22 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At various times I have heard both Marines and Army grunts described as an individual who if locked naked in a padded room with two 1" steel ball bearings in 5 minutes would have broken one, and lost the other. Of course, I'm the enlightened type who used to cook in his steel pot helmet, and then bitch about the smell for the whole next day...

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Grunts are sort of like your "basic prototype" model of a human being...before the more advanced models came out.

Rick

Posts: 494 | Location: Valencia, CA | Registered: 22 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JCN,

Hey, you talkin' about me, moe foe?

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dude, I thought I recognized you! In 1975 they sent a bunch of us 82nd Abn types down to Little Creek for Amphib training. Duh! I say again, Duh!! About day three we're all down at the enlisted swine club and after 87 gallons of 3.2 piss water beer the "mudda fugga's", "only birdshit falls from the sky", "sorry ass leg sailor boyfriend" comments started flying. Then the fists. The SP's show up and see that some grunts have invaded, over the water no less, so they pitch in on the side of God and the Bulldog. I'm about 6'1", 150#, and all balls, dick, and no forehead at that tender age. That SP played me like a xylophone.
Everybody runs out of steam after awhile, we drink some more, and eventually the jarheads and the grunts are buying drinks for each other and we're all about as sweet as Rebecca from Sunnybrook Farm. When I hit the salt water the next morning, oh shit oh dear...
Five years later I'm flying F-4s and my best buddy is a Marine exchange pilot. Go figure.
Life is good.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
My First Shirt used to say he could leave me alone with an anvil in the middle of a plowed field and within 10 minutes, I'd've broken the anvil. Somehow.

Yup, the Samsonite Luggage Test is nothing compared to the damage that can be done by a Jarhead with a canteen cup!

Redial

One of Uncle's Misguided

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, the good old days. We sure were badasses, weren't we?

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, just thinking about it made me stiff and sore this morning.

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
Have you seen the "ChemLights" that you see kids running around with at Halloween? Well in the Army we use a ton of them. Especially on tanks. We tape red and green to opposite antennaes so that the the safety riding behind us can tell which diretion the turret is facing in the dark. They are always afraid of getting shot by that big 120mm main gun for some reason. Infantry crunchie types too. But that being said: Do you know why tankers love chemlights so much? You have to break them to make them work and they dont take batteries.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Ah yes, the good old days. We sure were badasses, weren't we?

The older I get, the better I was!

Parris Island, Plt 188, November 1976 (0351)

Tim

Posts: 1533 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, this is even farther off the topic, but does anybody know when this "HOOAH" nonsense started? When I was a grunt medic in the 82nd ABN we had to yell our stupid running songs during PT, but when I got to SF we got to be quiet as field mice while we stole what we needed/wanted from the regular units. That was nice, quiet is a good thing in this noise polluted world.
Anyways, my middle godson came home from basic about eight years ago. When I said "Good job Kev", he said "HOOAH!". I'm going "Hey, are you alright?" "Yeah, why do you ask?" "Well, you just made this HOOAH sound like a walrus that just got run through by a harpoon." He said, "Hell, I don't know, they just make us say that all the time. Now are you going to tell me how it really was in the brown shoe army?"