Find
Notify
Tools

Steyr SSG 69 30 mm Rings
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of murkan mike
posted
Does anyone know what rings / base might fit on a steyr SSG 69 dovetail base? The current set-up is a FANTASTIC quick release RTZ setup (1" tube only) that is one of the best I've ever seen, but the guy asked me to mount a 30 mm tube scope. The new scope doesn't have to quick disconnect.

I measured the width of the rail, and it is only a RCH over 17mm wide, but looks a little thin.

I was wondering if anyone knew what might fit.

A google of the subject shows that a Murkan company called Talley sells 30 mm rings, but they didn't mention the heigth.

I was just wondering if anyone knew if some other base / ring might work.

Danke Schoen

Posts: 84 | Location: A transplanted Texan in Germany | Registered: 13 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you're in Germany contact Steyr in Austria and they can send you some factory rings OR! You can take a couple days and drive down there and visit the most impressive shooting facility I've ever seen. They have a 300m indoor range!!

Steyr

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have opened the 1" rings to 26 mm and then lapped them . See if you can open them up to 30 mm

Glenn

Posts: 200 | Location: Calgary- Alberta- Canada | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NECG also stocks 30mm rings for the SSG 69

LLS

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In Germany, you should be able to find the 30mm QD rings anywhere, genuine Steyr or EAW (Ernst Apel) QD or fixed.

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote