New
Find
Notify
Tools

Increased magazine capacity for M70
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A ph friend of mine shoots a M70 300 win mag synthetic stock. He is interested in increasing the magazine capacity, now holds 3 rounds.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

Posts: 1878 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've been told that the magazine & floorplate assembly produced by Ted Blackburn can increase capacity by a round.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks GeorgeS,

Do you have contact info for him?

Mike

Posts: 1878 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I traded an older super grade 300 Win this summer. It confortably held 4 rounds in the magazine but I could not push them down the close bolt to make it five. I haven't tried it in my new 300 Super Grade.

Curiosity got the better of me. I stopped typing and tried it out. Three round in this one. The fourth round will go in enough for the extractor to pick it up but not enough to stay in the magazine. I guness my old 300 was an oddball.

Posts: 631 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
When knee deep in elephant, buff, or lion, only three rounds in the magazine can be a serious problem. 5 or 6 would be much better (plus 1 in the chamber).

I'm going to get the machinist to try to make-up a replacement magazine box and floorplate to do that. Will keep you posted on progress and ultimate success or failure.

Will

Posts: 19369 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
I think that the differences lay in the follower design. The new followers are different from the older ones. [Smile]

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote