New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trigger adjustment CZ 550 Magnum
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The trigger on the CZ 550 Magnum has to much "drag" for my taste. I would prefer a crisper feel for both the ordinary and the set option. I seem to recall an earlier post that related to adjusting the trigger(s) and that it could be done successfully but can't seem find it.

Is this someting you can do yourself or is it better/safer to go to a proper gun-smith? Have some experience with simpler tasks.

Posts: 544 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 27 October 2001Reply With Quote
<jthessen>
posted
Wachtel,
I have no idea of how to succesfully adjust the trigger (i got rid of the set trigger, and tried stoning on the regular).
I will order the trigger offered by American hunting rifles ( www.hunting-rifles.com )
$65 + shipping.
Installation of this trigger needs some opening of the trigger slot in the bottom metal.

Hopefully someone else can answer your question.

//Jens

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jens: Couldn't find the trigger on the AHR home-page. Need help!

All: Have any of you tried a Timney trigger for a CZ 550 Mag?

<jthessen>
posted
Wachtel,
You right, the trigger is not mentioned on the web page.
I e-mailed them and got very fast replies,
Below is a quote from the president of AHR

"The trigger installation is quite simple and just requires some hand tools
for opening the trigger bow slightly to accomadate the wider trigger. Out
trigger is .250" wide."

e-mail Ed Plummer at [mailto:Ed@hunting-rifles.com]

However I have no idea if they need to apply for an export permit.

//Jens

one of us
posted Hide Post
I described it twice. I have a newly made CZ 550 Medium, full stocked, in 9.3x62.

There are four screws to the trigger: I started with the creep adjusting screw, which is the one that goes to the rear of the trigger and has no lock nut. There are two screws to the front of the trigger with lock nuts.

I turned in ( ? ) the screw ( to the right ) until upon closing the bolt it would not stayed cocked. ~ 1/2 turn. Now I turned back = left in small increments until bolt stayed cocked. Now test trigger. If o.k. let bolt stay cocked and stamp gun with some feeling on a harder surface with the recoil pad. If bolt drops, adjust screw.

After You are satisfied, if You want a good set trigger, You have to adjust the screw which is downwards. i didn�t do this as I am happy with the trigger as is.

Note: what I described is the trigger travel screw. But that took out the creep and the trigger is now more than easy. The real trigger pull weight screw is one of the two to the front with lock nuts. If You need to know which one, email me, I will look up the manual.

Good shooting! Hermann

------------------

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
aHunter;

Thanks! I will e-mail you later when on my own computer again and if the correction of the creep doesn't take care of the set trigger.

Thanks again and a Happy New Year!