New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another stock maker/stock making question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would like to have a stock made for a M95 Dutch Mannlicher.
Pattern stocks for this action/rifle seem to be rare or at least uncommon.

This brought up a question about duplicating stocks. Why is a pattern stock required for each individual rifle?

It seems that a system to locate the inletting relative to the carved exterior shape of the stock would permit a greater degree of matching a rifle inlet to a rifle stock shape. Am I missing something?
I realize that different actions have some influence on the stock shape especially at the tang but isn't that something that can worked around.

It seems a stock profile for a Mannlicher-Schoenauer could easily be used with the Dutch M95 Mannlicher inletting with a system to properly locate the inlet to the profile.

Anyone work on Mannlichers?

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
Check with GAG - Great American Gunstocks. At one time they showed a couple stocks for your rifle in their bargain section. I do not recall what pattern they were offering though.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check the website for the ACGG. a member there, Stephen Nelson,specializes in that type of stocks.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks William,
I called Great American. They said right now they are not machining any stocks do to the power being cut off. He said he would have a couple machined in about a month.

Jim Kobe,
I appreciate the information on Stephen Nelson.
I have sent him an email about a stock for my 1900 Steyr.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote