THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Talley moving to South Carolina: Why???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted
Three words: cheap skilled labor. NC & SC have been undergoing a mini industrial revolution down there. Companies are attracted to a skilled workforce that isn't unionized or only willing to work for $20 USD an hour or more. Plus, the tax breaks they give to immigrating businesses are mindboggling. Like it or not, They probably can get more workers in one day there than in a month in Wyoming. Keep in mind, Talley is in this to make money...

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Gentlemen

The Talley boys are from SC, soo I guess it's home sweet home Maybe they gotten tired of the yankee stories and the cold weather

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you sell a 35acre ranchette in Wyoming you can buy a beautiful home with land in SC with the proceeds and have enough left over for a safari or two.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The old story here in South Carolina is that Yankees are likened to hemorrhoids. Those that come down and go back up we can deal with. Those that come down and stay down are a pain in the A$$.

Clemson

Posts: 329 | Location: Greenwood, SC | Registered: 06 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Clemson
I think that applies even more to Califonians in Wyoming.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The grits are better.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

The grits are better.

George

the grits IS better.

Brent

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of covey16
posted Hide Post
They got tired of freezing in the dark and returned to the warm sunny land of their ancestors, plus the tax thing.

Covey16

Posts: 4197 | Location: Sabine County,Texas | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It NEVER gets 30 below in SC. But its anyone's guess which is worse: Putting up with californians in Wyoming or New Yorkers in SC.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Quote:

The grits are better.

George

the grits IS better.

Brent

Grits is singular? So, if you want a second plate of grits, do you say:

Another grits?

or

More grits?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mo Grits! Bob, originally from New Orleans.

Posts: 1284 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Such ignorance that abounds on these internet threads never ceases to amaze me..

The grits AM better..

Dave moved to SC many months ago..and Gary got lonesome! The fishing is better, its not as cold, the babies need a grandma and grandpa, home is where the family is....

Posts: 41980 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Or the Ebonics version: Maybe the grits BE better?

George

one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Y'all are a bunch of heatherns.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Regarding the disparaging remarks regarding Californians, fuck you guys.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now there is a person with an expanded vocabulary.

Posts: 182 | Location: Va. | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George, my friend, they just gots different rules for talkun. One of the only ones that is singular down there is old Harvey's spinster sister. And she is mud ugly.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Quote:

The old story here in South Carolina is that Yankees are likened to hemorrhoids. Those that come down and go back up we can deal with. Those that come down and stay down are a pain in the A$$.
Quote:

And the only problem with South Carolina is it's populated with too many Southerner's...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Craigster,

Hey I live in Kaliforniastan also and I am always making dispariging remarks about the place.

Gotta go now, going tuna fishing!!!!!

Mike