THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Stiffening a barrel with a full length suppressor

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stiffening a barrel with a full length suppressor
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted
I plan on fitting a full-length suppressor to my rifle and am hoping that by placing barrel supports at strategic points along the barrel that the barrel will be stiffened. (These would be 'out of phase' with the barrel harmonics and each other). I would build it with removable baffles, for cleaning - I think. (Or not). Has anyone experimented with this sort of thing?

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You would probably get a good response from Robbie Tiffen at Gunworks in Christchurch as his main business is suppressors.
http://www.gunworks.co.nz/

One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that Kiwishooter2.

beer

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote