New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pre '64 M70 and scope mounts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would like to save as much weight as I can, and would like to know the general opinion of the lightest, best looking, then strongest scope mounts for a 30-06 or under M70. Scope will be the 2-8 Leupold, but am open to suggestions here as well. Thank you in advance for opinions and advice! Arthur Olds

Posts: 201 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I think the Talley's would be the trimmest and lightest you'd find. Check out their website.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Conetrol would be trimmer and lighter than the Talley steel rings.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would second the recommendation for conetrols, I'm not positive that they are the lightest (there are some pretty flimsy aluminum rings out there)

But they are definetly the best looking rings on a pre-64 and strong as hell.

I don't believe I have ever read a bad word about them. Strengthwise or looks wise.

They are a little finicky to install, if your technical skills are not up to the task a 'smith should get them on for you for a couple of bucks.

Posts: 171 | Location: ontario canada | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote