New
Find
Notify
Tools

410 double shotguns
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been looking for a 410 SxS shotgun for a while, I know Rossi made them for a while but I have not seen one in a long time. I have an urge to build a 22 Hornet double rifle. Anybody know of a company that is still making them?

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Try a Stoeger Uplander 410. Double triggers with up to 26 " barrels. Gander mountain carries them. Mine is taking a nap waiting for me to make a 22 Hornet double rifle.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rusty I will do some follow up on that

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
CZ

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19334 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that sounds interesting.how would a fellow go about doing that?what about a stevens 311,not real elegant double but a dam good working mans double.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple of ways I have been considering.
First method would be to chop off the barrels at the end of the 410 chambers. Then thread the chambers, buy barrels and then do all the associated work with installing, regulating and finishing the barrels.

2nd method is to buy a couple of blanks, then turn them to inserts a la shotgun barrel inserts. You can buy already made inserts, however they are only about 18 inches in length.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
would love to see it when finished.also need lots of details.i have a couple 410 doubles,sweet shootin and nice to carry when your lazy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Merkel makes an outstanding one. Ain't cheap!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
, then turn them to inserts a la shotgun barrel inserts.

The trouble here may be that the Rossi Double .410 I had, had the barrels crossing at about 15 yards. With .410 solids I had to aim
about 9" either side of centre. Otherwise quite accurate.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote