THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Right Trigger Guard for the Stevens 200??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well, I have taken the plunge and ordered a replacement laminate stock for my Mod 200 Stevens. One of the commentaries I read suggested strongly that one of the issues in getting this action to bed correctly was the plastic trigger guard. It was suggested to switch this for a metal guard. Numrich has guards for the Mod 110 and 117 etc. The one for the 110 is marked "metal" (and out of stock), while the one for the 117 is in stock but the material of which it is made is not stated.

Which trigger guards will fit the Mod 200?? Anyone know if the 117 is plastic or metal?? Anyone know if there is another source of trigger guards for this rifle?? Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never heard of a 117, but the stainless 110 is designated 116, so it is probably the same TG but in a stainless finish.

posted Hide Post
check with jim briggs at northland shooters supply- e-mail.. briggs.j-b@comcast.com
phone.. 763-420-7163
fax... 763-420-7610
you can goto savageshooters.com the basic membership is free and ask over there lots of good info on savage/stevens. Mr briggs is an advertiser over there along with sharp shooter supply (sss) who does smith work on savage/stevens. hope this helps
Kenny