Find
Notify
Tools

6mm PPC case needed
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Crimp_me
posted
Can someone help me out? Can a fellow reloader send me one 6mm PPC case? I would pay for shipping. My email is pmd428@yahoo.com

People kill people, Not guns.

Posts: 83 | Location: Lapeer, MI | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Send me your mailing address. I can send you an original Sako 6PPC case. empty of course.
No payment required, its under a buck postage.

Put it in the plate at church.
Jameister@aol.com
Jamie

Posts: 902 | Location: Denver Colderado | Registered: 13 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Crimp, now I guess it would only be fair if you told us why you need just ONE 6mm PPC case. Either you plan to bring your reloading gear to the range Razzer, or you want to figure out something about the 6mm PPC. So, what is it??

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Crimp_me
posted Hide Post
I want to see if my Mini mauser action with a .473 bolt face will hold that smaller rim. I plan on building a 6PPC or BR. It seems to hold a 7.62x39mm case fine but the PPC is just a hair smaller I think. SO I need one case to testing.

People kill people, Not guns.

Posts: 83 | Location: Lapeer, MI | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
Crimp_me, The .473 bolt face will work just fine with a 6ppc/220 russian case. Jim

99% of the democrats give the rest a bad name.

"O" = zero

NRA life member

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you are wise to check it. Some 473 bolts will work, some won't. Kind of depends on the extractor.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I sent one slightly used SAKO 6PPC empty brass round to help out here. it went in the mail Thursday morning. lets follow this through, and maybe we can hear how it works out.

Check twice cut once.

or was it cut twice, check once?

Jameister

Posts: 902 | Location: Denver Colderado | Registered: 13 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
rws, You are of course correct saying some work and some won't. I was assuming something that was not a given, that being a sako extractor.

99% of the democrats give the rest a bad name.

"O" = zero

NRA life member

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote